Before my son’s third birthday I remember wracking my brain trying to come up with food toddler party ideas.
I wanted to have food and snacks available that were easy for the toddlers to eat. More importantly, I wanted it to be foods they enjoyed.
I’ve hosted many a toddler party over the years, so now I can plan a kid-friendly menu with my eyes closed.
Let’s dive in and talk about the best toddler party food ideas.
Disclaimer: This page contains affiliate links. See our disclosure policy for more details.
Before we talk about the food itself, I want to briefly discuss prepping and serving the food.
To make things easy on your guests (namely the parents!), be sure to cut up all food ahead of time into bite-sized pieces.
Opt for pre-portioned packaged food in individual bags. If that’s not available, provide plenty of small bowls or dixie cups so toddlers can eat on the go as they mill around. Trying to get a room full of toddlers to sit down nicely and eat can be challenging.
Finally, make sure there are plenty of napkins and utensils, particularly spoons. Toddlers aren’t known for being the cleanest eaters so it’s best to prepare for spills and dropped cutlery.
50+ Toddler Party Food Ideas
Create the perfect menu by mix and matching from these toddler party food ideas below. Pick a few from each category to have a well-rounded selectin – fruits, veggies, snacks, etc.
If you want to get super creative, try to tie in selections to your party theme!
- Grapes (make sure they are cut!)
- Sliced pear
- Packaged fruit cups (peaches, mango, fruit cocktail, etc)
- Apple slices
- Banana, halved
- Orange slices
- Cantelope cubes
- Watermelon slices
- Mandarin oranges
- Canned pears with cottage cheese
16. Cherry tomatoes (cut the long way)
17. Carrot sticks
18. Sliced peppers
20. Steamed green beans
22. Frozen peas (try it, kids love them!)
23. Sugar snap peas
25. Hard-boiled eggs
27. Peanut butter (use as a dip – just make sure there are no allergies!)
28. Nuts (again, please check for allergies first)
29. Cheese sticks
30. Chickpeas (canned or dried)
31. Pita bread
32. Veggie straws
34. Granola bars
35. Rice cakes
36. Chips and mild salsa (don’t want to upset the dragons!)
39. Banana chips
42. Cut up rotisserie chicken
43. Baked beans
45. Mashed potatoes
46. Macaroni and cheese
47. Black beans
49. Finger sandwiches (try ham/cheese or cucumber/cream cheese)
50. Taco bar
51. Mini cupcakes
52. Dunkaroos (remember these??)
53. Hershey kisses
54. Cake pops
55. Gummy bears
” width=”683″ height=”1024″>