Make a goal to accomplish some fun (but educational!) activities this summer with our handy bucket list for preschoolers.
These activities are designed to help develop counting skills, drawing ability, visual-spatial thinking, problem-solving, sorting, and other educational areas!
For convenience, we’ve listed some ideas for your summer bucket list below, but we’ve also developed a free printable!
Disclaimer: This page contains affiliate links. See our disclosure policy for more details.
Fun and Educational Ideas to Help You Create the Perfect Summer Bucket List for Preschoolers
- Count the number of chairs in your home. How many types are there?
- Draw a self-portrait
- Practice putting on your shoes
- Empty the dishwasher and sort forks, spoons, and knives
- Talk about your favorite stuffed animal
- Find every letter of the alphabet in a magazine
- Pick up toys right after you finish playing
- Draw a picture of your favorite animal
- Take a walk and draw a picture of what you see
- Play a board game
- Hop on one foot 10 times
- Go to a playground
- Share with someone
- Count the number of letters in your first name
- Learn the days of the week
- Search for numbers on signs when you’re on a walk
- Bounce a ball and play catch
- Draw three different shapes
- Find 5 objects of the same color in your home
- Play follow-the-leader
- Count how many steps to your mailbox
- Check the weather and describe it
- Find something in your home that’s a circle, square, and triangle
- Play “I-Spy” around your home
- Put together a puzzle
- Sort toys into “big” and “small”
- Draw a picture made entirely of different shapes
- Visit the library and check out a book
- Practice writing letters on the sidewalk with chalk
- Count the number of windows in your home
- Balance on one foot
- Build a tower with blocks
- Draw a picture of a family member and label it
There you have it, over 30 ideas to help you create the perfect summer bucket list for preschoolers! Let us know if you have any ideas we can add in the comments below.